On 2nd - 3rd of September, in Chorzów (Poland), took place the meeting of electric power supply committee of the Chamber of Commerce Urban Transport with PLUTON in attendance. The meeting was devoted to the most important and topical issues regarding improvement of city transport power supply, and namely to innovative technical solutions for electric power distribution, implementation of automated power supply control systems and opportunities of their application, to the ways of energy efficiency improvement, as well as to minimization of negative environmental impact of electric power industry.
For the representatives of the Chamber of Commerce Urban Transport, namely for manufacturers of rolling stock, research and development centers, as well as for public transport service enterprises, PLUTON experts gave an interesting presentation of its own equipment that provides more qualitative and reliable power supply of city electric transport.
During presentation of modern solutions for electric power supply of city transport, PLUTON experts demonstrated its own successfully implemented projects, and namely:
- application of VCR controlled thyristor rectifier at the "Arninge" substation of the suburban high-speed tram line in Stockholm (Sweden);
- implementation of modern powerful "Telefoniczna" traction substation, with 4 rectifiers, that provides power supply of 17 outgoing lines in the main and the largest tram depot in Lodz (Poland);
- successful implementation of innovative AFB arc-free ultra high-speed DC circuit breakers at "Lybidska" station in Kyiv (Ukraine);
- implementation of three independent telecontrol systems for power supply and essential services monitoring at the third new Minsk metro line (Republic of Belarus);
- development and implementation of withdrawable rectifier 8000 А for Stockholm metro (Sweden).
Further, for the first time, PLUTON presented its new solution — all-in-one control, monitoring and protection system series SOTA with support of IEC 61850 and other main modern protocols for application in the projects of public transport traction substations. The system and the opportunities of its application for the set tasks attracted a particular interest of participants.
Due to this event, PLUTON experts found out more about the latest trends and the cutting-edge solutions for city electric transport in Europe, met the representatives of branch enterprises, potential partners and Customers, as well as with representatives of the leading transport companies.